5th Annual Downeast Acadia Tourism Symposium & Awards Luncheon
History, Arts, and Culture of the Blue Hill Peninsula
October 31, 2019, 10:00am – 3:00pm at the Stonington Opera House and Stonecutter’s Kitchen in Downtown Stonington on Deer Isle. $30.00 registration includes Symposium and Luncheon.
Network with others in the tourism industry, sample local foods, hear news and ideas from top professionals, and celebrate the region’s tourism movers and shakers.
Our speakers represent a diversity of arts and heritage significant to the Blue Hill Peninsula. Featured topics and speakers include:
- Registration begins at 9am, Opera House Lobby with refreshments and displays
- Welcome & OHA Mission – Per Janson, Executive Director, Opera House Arts
- DownEast Acadia Regional Tourism mission and initiatives – Alvion Kimball, DART Board Chair & Crystal Hitchings, DART Grant Manager
- Tourism Demographics – Chris Fogg, Maine Tourism Association
- Mapping & Exploration of Historical Sites – Bert Yankielun, Island Heritage Trust
- Music on the Blue Hill Peninsula – Paul Sullivan, Composer & Pianist
- Maine Fisheries – Paul Anderson, Maine Center for Coastal Fisheries
- Keynote Speech – Stuart Kestenbaum, Poet Laureate of Maine
- Awards Luncheon – short walk through downtown to Stonecutter’s Kitchen
Nominate a business, organization, or individual who excels at creativity, dedication, and hospitality in the tourism industry of DownEast Acadia. Deadline for receipt of nominations is Friday, October 18.
Register online by October 25, and download Awards nomination form & info, on Event Brite at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/5th-annual-downeast-acadia-tourism-symposium-awards-luncheon-tickets-74428986101