Our Mission: To promote the interests and vitality of the Deer Isle-Stonington business community in a manner that respects the island’s traditional ways of life and encourages new, sustainable opportunities that will support a flourishing island economy.
What We Do: To accomplish the goals of our mission our focus is:
- To promote both year-round and seasonal member businesses by creating, publishing and disseminating the Island Map & Guide as well as managing the Chamber’s website.
- To greet visitors arriving on our island with an attractive and useful Welcome Center.
- To coordinate and sponsor island special events that promote the community image and at the same time be fun for its citizens and guests.
- To serve as a networking forum for its members where they can exchange ideas and develop mutually beneficial relationships.
- To work with state and local governments as well as regional and local organizations to provide educational opportunities to member businesses and advance our shared interest in a sustainable island economy.
Board of Directors
Dean Haskell, President
Leslie Landrigan, Secretary
Dan Landrigan, Treasurer
The Board of Directors typically meets on the second Wednesday of the month. The location of our meetings varies between venues in Stonington and in Deer Isle. If you would like to attend a meeting, please contact us and we will inform you as to the location and time. We welcome Chamber Members, Associate Members, Island residents and visitors to our meetings.