Like many of our island organizations, The Island Community Center has had to re-imagine all of its programs and events, including our very popular July 4th Stonington Six Road Race. What better way to get outside and enjoy a healthy activity AND to support your Island Community Center than by joining our #Stonington600 Virtual Run/Walk over the 4th of July weekend? Please help us achieve our goal of 600 total miles for the Island Community Center by running or walking any distance that works for you, from wherever you are.
Here’s how our #Stonington600 works:
- Register for and/or support the event by clicking here, or by going to www.eventbrite.com and searching for #Stonington600.
- Pick up your t-shirt at our curb-side locations (to be announced), or have it shipped for a small fee.
- Choose a distance: 1 mile, 3 miles, 6 miles, or whatever goal you hope to reach.
- Use Mapmyrun.com or Google Maps to create your route, or just get out and run/walk.
- Complete your run/walk during the July 4th weekend (July 3-5) – and carry water to stay hydrated!
- Ask your family and friends to register as well, or to simply support our Island Community Center.
- Tell us how you did! Send your photos, distance, speed, and story, and we’ll post on our site – #Stonington600!
Please join us from wherever you are to celebrate our resilience and engage in a healthy pursuit to benefit our Island Community Center – an organization that has served as a hub of activity and social connection on Deer Isle for almost two decades. Help us ensure that we will be here for at least another 20 years!
We deeply appreciate your participation and support and hope you will join us this July 4th weekend as a participant, supporter, or both, for our #Stonington600 Virtual Run/Walk.