Would you like to be notified when we post new Legislative News?
Latest Legislative News:
- ME State Chamber of Commerce: Legislative Week Ahead 3/13-3/17 - IMPORTANT HEARING ON MONDAY, MARCH 20 at 1:00 p.m. before the Taxation Committee! We'd like to bring to your attention a bill that will have a public hearing on Monday Continue Reading
- IMPACT, March 9, 2017 Edition - INSIDE IMPACT... * Maine Office of Policy & Management and State Economist tell Taxation committee 3% surcharge will hurt Maine's economy, resulting in loss of jobs, population, labor force, income Continue Reading
- MTA: Polystyrene containers, Car rental tax & Snowmobile reciprocity - Maine Tourism Association: Public Affairs Update: Polystyrene containers, Car rental tax & Snowmobile reciprocity.
- Joint Standing Committee On Marine Resources - Couple of bills that have local interest JOINT STANDING COMMITTEE ON MARINE RESOURCES Sen. Joyce Maker, Senate Chair Rep. Walter Kumiega, House Chair
- ME State Chamber of Commerce: Legislative Week Ahead 2/27-3/3 - February 28, 2017: With half the expected bills (700 approx.) printed, we expect that there will be lots of public hearings in the next seven weeks.
- IMPACT, February 23, 2017 Edition - INSIDE IMPACT... * Maine businesses seek repeal of three percent tax surcharge on businesses and families* Chamber weighs in on referendum legislation* Legislative Strictly Social: Tuesday, March 7, 2017 | Continue Reading
- Joint Public Hearings, The Governor’s Biennial Budget - February 21st through February 24th Committee on Appropriations and Financial Affairs Committee on Health and Human Services Detailed schedule of the hearings here.
- U.S. CoC & 616 Business Groups: It’s Time For Congress To Reclaim Its Constitutional Authority - "On Monday night, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce sent a letter along with 616 groups to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer demanding action on the Regulatory Continue Reading
- Maine Tourism Association Action Alert: Lodging Tax Increase Proposal - It is imperative that the Appropriations Committee and your local lawmakers hear from YOU and the impact increasing the lodging tax will have on your business. A few weeks ago, Continue Reading
- IMPACT, The Newsletter of Legislative and Regulatory Issues Facing Maine Business, February 2017 Issue - You will find the FEBRUARY 2, 2017, edition of the Maine State Chamber's newsletter, IMPACT, posted online as a PDF file at our improved and enhanced website, www.mainechamber.org.