The Deer Isle-Stonington Chamber of Commerce is one of the Island’s most vital organizations. Directed and run by volunteers, our Chamber strives to promote and enhance the community’s diverse businesses through a variety of means including publication of the annual Island Guide. Over 15,000 copies of the Guide are distributed throughout the State of Maine at State Visitor Centers, via mail, at our Welcome Center and our members businesses.
The Chamber sponsors an annual spring birding Festival: “Wings, Wave & Woods, a weekend of birding by land, by sea and by art”; DIS Fridays; 4th of July parade and fireworks; and other events.
The Chamber also serves as a clearing house for information on all aspects of Island life, state and national Chamber programs, tourism and opportunities for business growth such as the BuyLocal – HireLocal campaigns.
Benefits of membership include:
- Island Guide (Join by Nov. 1, 2016 to be in the print 2017 Island Guide publication)
- 2 free category listings
- Inexpensive advertising opportunities
- Chamber Website (Join at any time for website listings)
- Free listing in 2 categories
- Free link to your website and/or Facebook
- Free email link
- Free mapping on interactive Google map with your logo
- Welcome Center
- Free placement of advertising/promotional materials
- Inexpensive display at the Kiosk
- Inexpensive product display in glass display case
- Downtown Stonington Kiosk at Island Approaches
- Inexpensive brochure display in the Kiosk
- Free listing, where applicable, in our Festival pamphlets
- Reduced health insurance cost through Chamber BlueOptions Program
- Our area and your business is further promoted and marketed through the Chamber’s memberships with Maine Tourism Association and Downeast & Acadia Regional Tourism (DART) and through cooperative agreements with other Chambers of Commerce